Thursday, September 17, 2009

insomnia.......blog upload

HERE ARE SOME OF THE FINISHES

This is a pic of the pillowcase. See the flowers.

I got the pattern from an Aunt Martha's collection of iron on flowers. I ironed on the pattern.

The pattern included the lazy daisy stitch as well as the outline stitch and french knots. I did it!

The kit was less then a dollar. The pillowcases were less then 10 dollars. You all know how much the floss was. So all in all, the wedding gift did not cost much but it was hard on my fingers. Mary suggested I use a band aid to help and she was right. It worked. Thanks, Mary.

Here is the pattern for the Love project I just started today. It is the pic on the right. I can only do one of these at a time because I cannot do larger projects. I picked that one of the 3 because I like the color combinations of the light purple and blues.

This is the very beginning of this project.

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

The pillowcases are great!
Congrats on finishing them!

I am sure they were loved.

I cannot wait to see the next finish.

Miss our talks.

Mary said...

The pillowcases came out great! I'm glad the bandaid trick worked. I hope you have a great time at the wedding.