Friday, August 15, 2008

What the pillowcases look like

So here is an almost complete picture of what they look like now. I have to finish it up with some french knots, but I have no idea how to do them. I did a few years ago but I have a hard time remembering.

For these pillowcases it was both cross stitch and embroidery as you can see. The big pink hearts were regular cross stitch. The stems are the outline stitch which I learned how to do now. The leaves and flowers on it are the loop stitch. The middle of the bigger flowers is a buillion knot and I have never done them and have no idea how to do them now. I will see what happens there.

Truth be told! It would take me approximately a week to complete the other one. But, I have such a hard time with knots (not french knots) that I have to frog out a part and start all over. But, I got the hang of it with this first one.

Of course, to my eyes it isn't perfect but I hope that all of you cannot see my mistakes.

I am proud of myself for completing this as neatly as possible. I have learned patience makes almost perfect while stitching.

What do you think?






1 comment:

Patty said...

They are really pretty, Trish! I think the bride and groom will be happy to receive them. I used to hate doing French knots but the more I practice, the better I get. Try doing some on a scrap piece of fabric before you do them on the pillowcases.