Sunday, August 10, 2008

News

I have decided to start a pillowcase set for my cousin getting married 9/5/08

Here is the pattern

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2502849

It is detailed but it shouldn't take me long if I am diligent. Something I lack. So far I have gotten almost the 3 flowers but I bought the wrong color pink so I have to run to the store for the right color. I am making sure not to carry over too much floss on the little flowers. But, they are the loop stitch which is one of my favorite embroidery stitches. The little green stems require a very small stitch so I expect some frogging there till I get it right.

But overall, I am proud of myself for this. My work looks neat and clean so far. I have had to use an indelible amount of patiece but it is worth it! The pics will come soon.

This is the best! It has been a fantastic form of therapy to straighten out the wild terror going on inside my mind. It really helps to focus on something so tidious and then realize that not only do I feel better but my work looks good too.

Happy stitching

No comments: